21 June 2012

AppSense - Mouse Lags in a XenApp Environment

Hi,

I have installed a new XenApp 6.5 Farm with Local Profiles and AppSense User Virtualization. So I had the problem that on the first login the mouse movement in a Published Application was very, very sluggish. So after two or three days full of testing I have found that the following key seems to be a problem: HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop\UserPreferencesMask
After some more searching in the Internet I have found the following forum entry which gave me the sollution: http://forums.citrix.com/thread.jspa?threadID=261090
As a short compendium you have to make a AppSense Logon Configuration or a Group Policy Preference which sets the above registry key to hex : 90,12,01,80. I have provided a screenshot how it looks like:

This should solve your problem with the sluggish mouse movements.

Grettings

michael.obernberger

1 comment:

  1. Are you sure it has nothing to do with this?
    http://citrixblogger.org/2008/02/07/cursor-shadowing-turn-it-off/

    ReplyDelete